“Never pay for complexity of presentation when all you need is results.”
Simplify Business Development
The minimalist design and mix of that word for the latin for “law” express the goal of Minimalex coaching. Business development has become overly complicated and focused on the wrong actions. For most attorneys, at best they have a one-year plan and no idea what to do today. Any pause to figure out what to do next is immediately filled with the easy out…billing hours. You are left feeling like a failure or, at the very least, knowing you could do better. A program that acknowledges the demands on your time and helps you develop a habit of consistent action solves this problem.
The Right Coach
If you are going to have a business development coach, you should have one that has practiced law and has sold services to corporate legal departments. My name is Vince Robisch and I practiced for eight years in an AmLaw 200 firm and have sold millions of dollars of products and services to both corporate legal departments and law firms. You can take a deeper dive into what inspired me to start Minimalex here.
Is This Right For You?
I’ve seen enough successful lawyers and sales professionals to know there are many ways to get where you want to go. You don’t have to be the life of the party or someone that tells people whatever they want to hear. There is a way to improve at business development without becoming someone you don’t like. This wasn’t always easy for me either and it’s important that you are comfortable with what the program is and what it isn’t. The coaching application process is also a way for me to help determine if I can help accelerate your business development growth.
The Coaching Program
The program is customized to acknowledge where you are, where you want to go, and how you are wired. Here’s what to expect:
- You will first submit the Coaching Program Application to determine if we are a good fit.
- If we decide to move forward together, the first step is a one-hour assessment call.
- Every week, we will create an action plan to give you clear direction.
- You will have three coaching check-in calls of 30-minutes or less to hold you accountable and plan the next week.
- The fourth call of the month will be 60-minutes and combine the check-in with active training via a web conference on one of twelve topics.
- Individual coaching clients will get unlimited email support
Active Training Topics
During the training calls, you will actively participate and come away with progress and a plan. You will not simply listen and forget. While each participant or firm might have a slightly different set of topics, they will likely include:
- Building a Business Development Habit using the latest research and proven techniques
- LinkedIn for Lawyers
- BD Misconceptions – Getting Your Mind Right
- Who Else is Doing This Well?
- Content Curation – Start Before You Are Ready
- Creating a Future Client List
- Your Face-to-Face Strategy
- The Power of Referrals
- Keeping and Growing Existing Clients
- Creating a Tracking System
- Finding Your Talent Stack – Does Differentiation Matter?
- Creating Your Cornerstone Content
Pricing is transparent to save us both time. Custom law firm pricing is available. There are also options for in-person kickoff meetings and limited opportunities to reserve and hour of my time.